The Wood

All our products are born from the experience gained in the construction of classic furniture, excellence that has deep roots and traditions in the productive area of Vicenza.
These knowledge is applied by expert carpenters in the construction of our contemporary design kitchens. The final result has nothing to do with the industrial product.
Large building skills make every single realization unique and special, together with the use of noble materials and research where tradition and contemporary style meet. The selection of the raw materials used is unique too. Specifically, the wood is selected on its best parts, then it is dried as the solid one is mostly used. Later it is worked, leaving the natural characteristics and the depth of the grain unaltered, whatever the essence used.
The wooden assembled components are finally finished with paint or lacquer in colors tested and selected, or with sample colors that meet Oncs or Ral scale, on demand.

The Stone

The stone is a primary element in the project of Tabula. Together with wood and iron, it helps to define geometrically and visually the project, and strengthens the feeling of naturalness of the finished product.
Each slab is different from all the others and reinforces the notion of uniqueness of each Tabula kitchen.
Together with our partner we select natural stones directly from blocks or individual plates, evaluating earlier aesthetic and physical characteristics.
For the processing, we use machinery of last generation that allow us to realize complex but design elements. However, the latest work is still performed manually.
Our selection provides different materials, but each one includes two treatments.
The first one is a mechanical process that recreates an effect of “pleasant living”.
The second one is a chemical treatment, stable over time and developed after years of tests, which give the stone technical properties that make it less vulnerable to acids and absorptions.

The Iron

The iron plays an important value that goes beyond the structural aspect to become an aesthetic element and material of significant importance.
We use mainly black iron, worked by blacksmiths and carpenters with absolute precision of laser techniques. Then, we finish it with powder coating which ensures durability and elasticity. The pieces we realize are covered by a layer of powder coating based on resins that adheres to the material by electrostatic effect, to then pass into an oven where the paint melts and then polymerizes.

The Laminate HPL

Tabula has chosen the laminated HP together with the natural materials. Our selection has been focused basically on two different products “Abet”, both thick and resistant, not to be confused with common melamine papers.
The two products are HP Print and Polaris. They are used in sheets of thickness 0.9 mm and applied on doors and panels in three crossed layers of wood, leaving the edges to view.
The laminate sheets are made of paper for the 60% and the other 40% is made of phenolic and melamine resins.
Paper and resins are subjected to a high pressure process that combines heat and specific pressures. The end result is a non-porous, stable material, resistant to scratches and wear, completely different from those of the individual raw materials.
In the farm the laminate is cut and pasted with machines and advanced techniques. Also in this case, however, the human intervention is essential. Each edge or junction are finished manually, door after door.
It is amazing how this material coexists with woods and stones in kitchens projects and in a logic of contamination that characterizes our proposals.